Why have you come to see me?
I want to know more about you.
Ok, but watch out: I might make your head spin like a top.*
I want to know all about your first book, Gender and Sexuality For Beginners.
I have a whole other site for G&SFB, with a book trailer, sample art, and more!
I want to know all about your new book, Ghosts of Seattle Past.
- Inkshares interview about my editorial process
- I chat on NPR/KUOW about why nostalgia is productive
- CityLab (from The Atlantic) discusses the Ghosts of Seattle Past
- The Stranger profiles Ghosts of Seattle Past's inclusive scope, dubbing us a "tripartite art engine"
- Seattle Magazine considers a legacy business program, quotes me
- Seattle Times review of Ghosts of Seattle Past
- My interview with author Litsa Dremousis for STACKEDD
- The Stranger feature on G&SFB
- Publishers Weekly review of G&SFB
- My essay on music and G&SFB for Largehearted Boy
- The Mercurial feature on G&SFB
- Interview with Creative Writing Now on finding a literary agent
- Innocent Words blogs about G&SFB
- Flavorwire interviews Jeffrey Lewis about G&SFB
- The Front Page Online review of G&SFB
- The Bay Area Reporter puts G&SFB on its Summer Reading List
- G&SFB makes the Dallas Voice Summer Reading List
- For more Ghosts of Seattle Past press, check out our Ghosts in the Media page.
I would like you to come speak (or read) at my school-GSA-house party-community center-conference-bookstore.
That is not an impossible dream at all. I have been a guest lecturer at UW, Seattle University, Emerson College, and elsewhere, and have held readings/Q&As in music venues, libraries and bookstores across the country. Let’s talk more about that.
When are you coming to my home town/the nearest city?
That depends. What kind of dance parties do you have on tap? Here are my upcoming scheduled appearances:
- Apr. 11, 2017 - Seattle, WA - Ghosts of Seattle Past anthology release and afterparty! - Elliott Bay Book Company, 7pm, JewelBox Theatre, 9:30pm
- Apr. 15, 2017 - New York, NY - Ghosts on Tour: Reading, Story Sharing, Map Pinning - Bluestockings - 7pm
- Apr. 18, 2017 - Philadelphia, PA - Ghosts on Tour: Story Sharing, Map Pinning and musical guest Elaine Rasnake - The Art Church - 7pm
- Apr. 20, 2017 - Washington, D.C. - Ghosts on Tour: Story Sharing, Map Pinning (w/ ONE DC and Sara Brickman) - The Potter's House - 7pm
- Apr. 25, 2017 - Portland, OR - Guest Lecture at Lewis & Clark College - Contact Jolina Ruckert to sit in - Psych of Gender Course - 1:50pm
- Apr. 28, 2017 - Portland, OR - Ghosts on Tour: Story Sharing, Map Pinning (w/ Know Your City) - IPRC - 7pm
- May 6, 2017 - Seattle, WA - Walking Tour of Yesler Way (w/ Atlas Obscura!) + Reading *This event is ticketed.* - Walk starts at Langston Hughes Performing Arts Ctr, 3:15pm; Reading at KOBO @ Higo, 4:05pm
(Jaimee Garbacik and Jeffrey Lewis’ G&SFB tour is over, but a list of previous tour dates is archived here.)
I am a young queer person and I’m having a personal emergency, and I don’t have anyone else to talk to about it. I need help.
While I appreciate your trust and faith in me, I’m not a service provider. If you are in a crisis, please call The Trevor Project’s free hotline at 866.488.7386.
You edit books too, right? I heard that somewhere...
Yup. My editorial business, Footnote Editorial, specializes in developmental editing for literary fiction, short story collections, and YA novels. I also enjoy editing long-form journalism, interviews, essay collections, poetry, and cultural studies, with an emphasis on gender studies and queer issues.
Write To Me
I have a question to ask you about the relationship between Piña Bausch’s work and Andrew Wyeth’s paintings.
I know, right? The white space use is so oddly similar! (I’m not a particularly private person, and I like letters. Please feel free to write to me.)