Feverish lover of words, spraypaint, salt water, youth advocacy & the auditory spectrum. Author of Gender and Sexuality For Beginners, (June 2013).
Why have you come to see me?
I want to know more about you.
Oh, gee, I don’t know. Are you sure? I might make your head spin like a top.
My New Book
I want to know all about your book, Gender and Sexuality For Beginners.
Publishers Weekly calls G&SFB,“...an articulate tour through diverse histories, addressing both popular and obscure texts from across the world.“
The Stranger says, “this is a book that could save a life.”
I have a whole other site for the book right here, with a book trailer, sample art, and more!
Gender & Sexuality For Beginners is on sale now. Buy directly from me for an exclusive signed copy! (If you let me know who the book is for in the “special instructions to the seller” field, I’ll even write them a personalized note.)
- The Stranger feature on G&SFB
- Publishers Weekly Review of G&SFB
- My essay on music and G&SFB for Largehearted Boy
- The Mercurial feature on G&SFB
- Interview with Creative Writing Now on Finding a Literary Agent
- Innocent Words blogs about G&SFB
- Flavorwire interviews Jeffrey Lewis about G&SFB
- The Bay Area Reporter puts G&SFB on its Summer Reading List
- G&SFB makes the Dallas Voice Summer Reading List
I would like you to come speak (or read) at my school-GSA-house party-community center-conference-bookstore.
That is not an impossible dream at all. Let’s talk more about that.
When are you coming to my home town/the nearest city?
That depends. What kind of dance parties do you have on tap? Here are my upcoming scheduled appearances:
- Oct 3, 2013 - Olympia, WA – Reading at Olympia Timberland Library (Sponsored by Orca Books) - 7:30pm
- Oct 17, 2013 - Seattle, WA – Reading at Gay City Health Project - 7pm
- Oct. 24, 2013 – Seattle, WA – Seattle Lit Crawl, Hosting at The Lobby Bar - 8:00pm
- Nov. 30, 2013 – Seattle, WA – Bookselling for Indies First at University of Washington Bookstore (11am-noon)
- Nov. 30, 2013 – Seattle, WA – Panel on Zines and Comics in Queer Culture, Short Run Small Press Fest at Washington Hall
I am a young queer person and I’m having a personal emergency, and I don’t have anyone else to talk to about it. I need help.
While I am absolutely blown away by your trust and faith in me, I’m not a licensed shrink or counselor. If you are in a crisis, please call The Trevor Project’s free hotline at 866 488 7386. Those peeps are great.
You edit books too, right? I heard that somewhere...
Yup. My editorial business, Footnote Editorial Services, handles developmental editing, supplemental editing, consulting and even the occasional ghostwriting gig for authors, both established and brand-spanking-new.
Write To Me
I have a question to ask you about the relationship between Piña Bausch’s work and Andrew Wyeth’s paintings.
I know, right? The white space use is so oddly similar! (I’m not a particularly private person, and I like letters. Please feel free to write to me.)