Why have you come to see me?
I want to know more about you.
Oh, gee, I don’t know. Are you sure? I might make your head spin like a top.*
I want to know all about your book, Gender and Sexuality For Beginners.
I have a whole other site for G&SFB right here, with a book trailer, sample art, and more!
Buy a copy of Gender & Sexuality For Beginners directly from me for an exclusive signed copy! (If you let me know who the book is for in the “special instructions to the seller” field, I’ll even write them a personalized note.)
- Inkshares interview about my editorial process
- Interview with Litsa Dremousis for STACKEDD
- The Stranger feature on G&SFB
- Publishers Weekly review of G&SFB
- My essay on music and G&SFB for Largehearted Boy
- The Mercurial feature on G&SFB
- Interview with Creative Writing Now on finding a literary agent
- Innocent Words blogs about G&SFB
- Flavorwire interviews Jeffrey Lewis about G&SFB
- The Front Page Online review of G&SFB
- The Bay Area Reporter puts G&SFB on its Summer Reading List
- G&SFB makes the Dallas Voice Summer Reading List
I would like you to come speak (or read) at my school-GSA-house party-community center-conference-bookstore.
That is not an impossible dream at all. I have been a guest lecturer at UW, Seattle University, Emerson College, and elsewhere, and have held readings/Q&As in music venues, libraries and bookstores across the country. Let’s talk more about that.
When are you coming to my home town/the nearest city?
That depends. What kind of dance parties do you have on tap? Here are my upcoming scheduled appearances:
- June 11, 2015 - Seattle, WA - Pride reading feat. Sarah Galvin, Mattilda Bernstein Sycamore, and CA Conrad - Ingersoll Gender Center
- Oct. 31, 2015 - Seattle, WA - Ghosts of Seattle debuts at Short Run - Fisher Pavilion at Seattle Center - 11am-6pm
(Jaimee Garbacik and Jeffrey Lewis’ G&SFB tour is over, but a list of previous tour dates is archived here.)
I am a young queer person and I’m having a personal emergency, and I don’t have anyone else to talk to about it. I need help.
While I appreciate your trust and faith in me, I’m not a licensed shrink or counselor. If you are in a crisis, please call The Trevor Project’s free hotline at 866.488.7386.
You edit books too, right? I heard that somewhere...
Yup. My editorial business, Footnote Editorial, specializes in developmental editing for literary fiction, short story collections, and YA novels. I also edit long-form journalism, interviews, essay collections, music writing, food politics, poetry, and cultural studies.
Write To Me
I have a question to ask you about the relationship between Piña Bausch’s work and Andrew Wyeth’s paintings.
I know, right? The white space use is so oddly similar! (I’m not a particularly private person, and I like letters. Please feel free to write to me.)